Location: MAITLAND, All Saints College
Vacancy Type: Temporary Part Time Hours/FTE0.7 FTE
Description: All Saints’ College, Maitland is seeking a temporary part-time (0.7FTE) French Teacher to join the school community commencing in Term 1, 2021.
All Saints’ College is a coeducational year 7-12 Catholic School which is part of the Catholic Schools Office, Maitland Newcastle Diocese. Approximately 1500 students and 200 staff spread across 2 campuses, we are the largest school in our diocese and one of the largest Catholic Schools in the state. St Peter’s Campus caters for our year 7-10 students, and St Mary’s Campus caters for our senior students in years 11 and 12.
All Saints' College prides itself on a strong presence in the Maitland community with a well established Catholic tradition. As a College, we encourage our students on their formation journey with a caring and supportive Christian environment.
All Saints' College commits to focusing on each individual child’s ability, offering a unique array of educational, creative, sporting and formation opportunities for the student. Our goal for each student is to grow into lifelong learners that value and build authentic relationships. We are a community committed to a safe and supportive environment nurturing the formation of the whole person celebrating continual growth and success. Position Requirements Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards the attainment of their potential
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff-wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice.
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
• Experience teaching English Stage 4 or 5
Commencement Starts: 27/01/2021
Finishing Date: 27/01/2022
Conditions of Employment: Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Applications Close: Monday 18 January, 2021 Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
All Saints College, Maitland
16 Grant Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to College Principal – Marc Romano email@example.com Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current principal and previous supervisor. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
Applications close: Friday 18th January 2021. 3.00pm
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle