Leipzig International School is an independent non-profit day school for students from Nursery to Grade 12. It provides a high-quality international education, conducted predominantly in English, to children of all backgrounds; thereby supporting a diverse community and promoting international understanding. Over 190 staff members from all over the world work together to create a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our children whose families come from over 50 countries. Established in 1992, the school has grown and developed significantly over the past years. It operates at two locations: on Könneritzstraße (School, Grades 1 through 12) and on Karl-Heine-Straße (Leipzig International Kindergarten).
Our excellent academic results, benchmarked against the International Schools’ Assessment and the IGCSE and IB international examinations, are proof of the quality education we provide at Leipzig International School. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools as well as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Are you interested in becoming part of an international team? Do you believe that education is about learning how to become a citizen of the world? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a full time Secondary School Teacher to start 01 August 2018 to join the Secondary School Mathematics department to teach Cambridge Checkpoint, IGCSE and IBDP Mathematics. A leadership role in the Secondary Management Team (SMT) may be available for a suitably experienced candidate. The contract of employment is initially time limited for two years, extension possible.
As the ideal candidate, you should be a person who is able to teach mathematics across the school including IGCSE and IBDP courses. You will support the development and learning of children in a caring and inspiring way and recognize that an education in mathematics is about transferable skills as well as content. There are three parallel classes in each grade level which means that you will be part of a team that plans units and assessments together. Teachers at LIS are encouraged to work in a range of ways with their classes to allow individuals, pairs and groups to develop the analysis, evaluation, synthesis and creation of ideas through subject content. The IB Learner Profile is a guiding document in our work.
You should be:
- Committed to developing a clear and challenging programme for our students
- Positive, encouraging and able to motivate students
- An enthusiastic and inspiring classroom practitioner
- Focused on children’s learning and development
- Flexible, open to change, and solution-oriented
- Patient, kind and prepared to accept that you may not be right
- Well-organised, ethical and rich in empathy
- A degree in mathematics or a mathematical science
- A teaching certification or qualification
- Experience of working in an internationally-minded and diverse school community
What we offer:
- Wonderful students who are interested in learning
- A dynamic and challenging job in a caring work
- The opportunity to further develop curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning in the school
- A modern workplace
- An interesting and important job in the beautiful city of Leipzig
Leipzig is an historic, green, vibrant university city that is safe, well-connected, and in the cultural heart of Europe.
Please apply via our online application tool and let us know on which website you found out about the vacant position. More information about the required application documents and a short manual how to upload your application are available under ‘Job Opportunities’.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager: Christiane Heinold (+49 341 – 393 77 630).
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is identified.
More information about our mission, core objectives and values as well as our programmes is available on our website www.lis.school.