- Would you like the opportunity to work in a small, friendly school in the ‘Warm Heart of Africa’?
- Would you like to teach in a secondary school which knows every child as an individual?
- Are you a qualified teacher with a bachelor’s degree related to education?
- Do you have experience teaching the British curriculum to secondary aged children?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, the Board of Trustees at Sir Harry Johnston International School in Malawi, would like to hear from you.
The Board of Trustees wish to appoint two full time Secondary teachers to teach either English and/or Humanities. However, if you are looking for a new challenge, there is also the possibility of a leadership role within our Secondary School.
Our Secondary School opened in September 2015 and offer places for students in years 7 to 11. We follow the Cambridge syllabus and our students work towards achieving their IGCSEs. In September 2020 our school expanded rapidly due to the introduction of boarding provision. We will be opening a second hostel for September 2021.
Our talented staff ensure that learning is relevant, interesting and accessible for all. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum both in school and through our wide range of extra-curricular activities. We are committed to helping students reach their full potential, so they are well prepared for their future careers. We use a problem-solving approach and encourage our students to become critical thinkers.
Attractive package for the right candidate including:
- two-year renewable contract;
- competitive salary;
- local and international medical cover;
- flight at beginning and end of contract;
- moving expenses;
- processing of Temporary Employment Permit;
- end of contract gratuity.
Applications should include the following:
- covering letter, including your curriculum strengths and experience;
- detailed CV;
- at least two referees (one being your current/most recent employer).
For further details or to submit your application please contact Mr James Elford (Principal) at email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 26th February
Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a skype interview.
Sir Harry Johnston International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 16 years