Xavier Catholic College is a co-educational P-12 College owned and administered by Brisbane Catholic Education which opened in 2003. Our enrolment is approximately 1200 students. The College takes its name from St Francis Xavier, who along with St Ignatius of Loyola, was one of the founders of the Society of Jesus, the Jesuits. We have adopted Ignatian spirituality as the basis for the ethos and culture of the College. The Jesuit Order has developed throughout the world a network of approximately 2000 educational institutions – schools, universities, and literacy centres. As a Jesuit Partner School, Xavier is a member of this network and one of nine Jesuit Network schools in Australia.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a fixed term part time (0.8 FTE) position teaching Maths & Science.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
• If this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing May 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Week 3, Term 2 to end of Term 4, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Chris Relf
Contact Telephone Number: 07 4197 1177
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education