King's College, The British School of Panama, is seeking to appoint a Secondary Teacher of Computer Science to A level for August 2020.
A dynamic and proactive teacher, preferably with independent sector or international experience .
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments.
- Ability to teach Computer Science up to A-Levels.
- Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
We are currently seeking to appoint an individual who has:
- Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQTs also welcome)
- A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught
- Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
- Strong IT skills
Timeline of application and employment
- All applications must be completed with the King’s Application Form (in-line with Safer Recruitment Policy).
- References will be called for before interview.
- Interviews will be on SKYPE (unless a local candidate is found) by members of the School Leadership team in collaboration with the HR department.
- Successful candidates must be prepared to be re interviewed by a student body within the same week of the main interview and maybe asked for a sample of planning to be emailed to the school.
- Candidates will be informed of the outcome of the interview within a week and a formal offer made from the Headteacher.
To find out more about this opportunity and join the Academic Teaching team at a King's Group school in Panama please complete and send the application pack, available at http://vacancies.kingsgroup.org/?centre=Panama
Why come to Panama?
The school is located in an idyllic setting, surrounded by the Panamanian rainforest in the area of Clayton and is approximately 6km from the city centre.
Panama City is a city of easy cosmopolitan living, a combination of the historic and the ultra-modern. It is also one of the safest cities in Central America. The local dialect is Spanish.
The closing date for applications is the 15th of February 2020.
To find out more about King’s Group, visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process and any other relevant police checks that are required.