King's College, The British School of Alicante, one of the most sought after British Schools in Spain, is seeking to appoint an inspiring, committed and passionate professional to teach Geography or History up to and including A Level and to contribute to sustaining the “excellent in every category” outcome as assessed by BSO in our last inspection report. An integrated humanities curriculum is currently being developed for KS3 so applicants with a passion and interest in teaching a combination of Geography, History and Politics at this level are encouraged to apply.. The position is advertised for a late August start.
Candidates with suitable experience or potential to take on an additional position of responsibility are encouraged to make this clear via their application as opportunities for leadership may arise.
The School in Brief:
- 1086 pupils aged from 3-18
- Three/Four form entry throughout the Secondary School
- Modern, purpose-built premises just minutes by car from the centre of Alicante and only 10 minutes from the airport
- Newly refurbished and extended science laboratories with experienced lab technician
- Excellent (I)GCSE and A Level results, well above UK national averages and in the top 200 UK schools
- Member of COBIS , ISC and NABSS
- Achieved ´Excellent in Every Category´ rating from ISI (2015)
- Excellent CPD provision and potential for career development and advancement.
- Part of the King's Group of Schools (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Elche, Frankfurt, Latvia, Panama and the UK)
The Geography & History Faculty
The Geography & History faculty is comprised of four subject specialists who report directly to an Assistant Head of Secondary who is an experienced History and Politics teacher. The AHT is supported by a Lead Practitioner whose role is to model outstanding teaching and learning as well as to support colleagues and drive improvements across the faculty. Results in Geography and History are good at both A Level and IGCSE and the successful candidate would be instrumental in developing this key area of the curriculum alongside the existing team.
The successful candidate will:
- be an inspiring, creative and passionate teacher whose practice is rooted in Quality First Teaching and will share our belief in the importance of supporting and developing the whole child.
- have experience of successfully teaching Geography, History or both to GCSE and A Level and will be able to demonstrate the value they have added to the outcomes of pupils under their care.
- be experienced in or committed to continuous curricular development and be willing to engage in a regular curriculum development cycle.
- be excited by the prospect of working for a school judged under the BSO framework to be “outstanding in all areas” and explain what they can bring to that environment.
- be committed to working collaboratively with pupils, parents and peers to achieve the best pupil outcomes possible.
- be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of pupils whose first language may not be English.
- be a dedicated team player, with a “can-do” attitude who contributes positively to the general working environment and have an eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the school.
- be a reflective practitioner with a keen interest in their own personal and professional development and an enthusiasm for participating in CPD and peer learning opportunities.
- be fluent in English and demonstrate highly articulate spoken, written & technical language.
- share our strong pastoral ethos and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pastoral care and the crucial role all staff play in developing the “whole” child.
- support the King’s Group Digital Learning programme by being a Google Certified Educator, or be willing to become one within the first twelve months of employment.
For this position, candidates with only TEFL qualifications will not fit our qualification criteria
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join the teaching team at a King's Group School in Spain, please complete and send the application pack, available to complete online at http://www.kingscollegeschools.org/vacancies/alicante
The closing date for applications is 19th December 2018.
First round telephone or Skype interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in Birmingham, UK w/c 14th January 2019. Should an exceptional candidate by identified we reserve the right to appoint at any stage in the process.
To find out more about King’s Group, please visit http://kingsgroup.org/
King's Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake all appropriate checks to ensure the safeguarding of our pupils.