One of the most prestigious and successful British curriculum schools in South East Asia is seeking to recruit a high calibre leader for August 2021.
Secondary Leadership Position
Vice Principal for Our Students
The Kuala Lumpur Alice Smith School (KLASS) is fully accredited as a British School Overseas and has recently received an exceptional Council of British International Schools (COBIS) Accreditation and Compliance Report. Our school has an established reputation for excellence, and as a not-for-profit educational foundation, all resources are focused on the development and well-being of students. Located on two sites in Kuala Lumpur with excellent facilities, it has a total student population of approximately 1,600 and caters for the full age range from 3 to 18 years.
A KLASS teacher and leader
Our teachers and leaders are inspiring, innovative, high achieving professionals with a strong track record of teaching success, possessing drive, energy and enthusiasm in abundance. Our teachers are confident, caring, helpful and supportive of students, colleagues and parents. They collaborate naturally and instinctively and have the ability and determination to attain and maintain very high educational standards, based on action research and professional reading. They have the capacity and dedication to keep students at the centre of all they do, raising students’ standards of attainment and the breadth and scope of students’ achievement to the very highest levels internationally.
The Role of Vice Principal for Our Students
At KLASS, students are at the heart of all that we do. We are looking for an outstanding, innovative, creative and emotionally intelligent leader to join the Secondary Leadership Team in the position of Vice Principal for Our Students, overseeing and strategically shaping:
- Student wellbeing, culture, values and pastoral support
- Continuity of student experience, including transition
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Student leadership, coaching, enrichment and service
It is an exciting time to join us at KLASS in this role as we build on our coaching culture to support students to develop habits of well-being and success in order to flourish in their learning and lives. Through our ACHIEVE and pastoral programmes and our professional learning for teachers, we are increasingly integrating key elements of positive psychology into our learning and teaching and our community culture.
The candidate we are looking for
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced leader who has the vision, energy, sparkle and drive to further develop this key area of the school. We are looking for a leader who is:
- Creative, effective, socially and emotionally intelligent with a proven track record in school improvement, embracing professional learning and growth, coaching and mentoring, as well as accountability, ideally in a pastoral leadership role.
- A role model for our culture of excellence while promoting a holistic, collaborative and caring culture grounded in our values of kindness, resilience, integrity, connectedness and respect.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner, experienced in teaching and leading in a British curriculum secondary school and able to draw upon a rich knowledge and experience of pedagogy and student care.
- Of the view that academic and well-being strands of learning are interconnected.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in applying the principles of positive psychology in an educational setting.
- Experienced in leading on safeguarding and child protection, ideally in an international setting.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff, promoting new initiatives and building positive relationships throughout the school community.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of the National Curriculum for England and experience of leading in a British curriculum school.
Please address all of these aspects in your supporting statement which should be considered a letter of application of two A4 pages in length. In addition, please ensure that your online application and supporting statement clearly show how you meet the job description and person specification for this role at Alice Smith. Please also upload a photo in PDF form in the supporting evidence section at the end of the application form. To be considered for this role, please fully complete all sections of the application form.
The KLASS benefits package includes a highly competitive salary, a generous contribution towards housing, excellent medical insurance, contract renewal incentives, relocation flights and allowances and free school places for up to three dependent children.
To apply, please click on the “Quick Apply” button below.
In case of query contact Ms Aileen Oon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th January 2021
Longlisted candidates will be asked to complete an initial interview on Sonru. Sonru is an automated video interviewing process that we use due to our location and challenges with time difference. It also enables you to complete this initial interview with us at your convenience. Following this, shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in a virtual interview process via Zoom.
The Alice Smith School (Secondary)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Org type : International
Phase : K-18 (Primary and Secondary)
Funding status : Not-for-profit (funded by parents)