ABC Teachers are actively recruiting on behalf of a PRU special school in Derbyshire for a Teaching Assistant that specialises in working with excluded pupils and challenging behaviour. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the class teacher to deliver work which is based on the national curriculum / life skills and vocational skills. As a teaching assistant at this school, you will be expected to work in groups and on a one to one basis with pupils that are presenting challenging behaviour and other associated conditions due to a range of special needs and behavioural issues. The successful candidate will have had experience working with excluded students or challenging behaviour and SEMH, this can be from working within the Health and social care sector or a similar field, previous experience working in a school is not essential. Please see below the other criteria that applicants need to have:
• Have a patient, supportive, empathetic and understanding nature.
• Preferable but not essential – Previous Experience working with students aged 3 – 19 with SEMH.
• Happy to work with children of all ages and young adults (3-19).
• Be vigilant and supportive when managing / de-escalating challenging behaviour.
• Have a real desire to work with SEN students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
• Be confident working with both groups and 1:1.
• Be confident when liaising with parents and colleagues.
• Applicant must be available more than 3 days a week. (Monday to Friday)
• Applicant must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one through ABC Teachers and have it registered on the Update Service.
• Must have experience working with SEMH.
Our specialist SEND consultants have the knowledge and expertise to find the ideal placement for you, with our long-standing and trusting relationships with each of our clients we are guaranteed to place you in positions to enhance your career and experience.
We promise to provide you with an honest and efficient service where we deliver high levels of customer service and after care to every candidate and client.
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Rewarding rates of pay – ABC Teachers pay to National Living Wage. We pay this as an absolute minimum to all our candidates.
• Free Level 2 Training Opportunities and opportunities for Team Teach training.
• Committed consultants.
• Continuous Support and feedback throughout.
• In house payroll department, so no need to sign up with a payroll provider.
The application process
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kelsey Munro today on 01509 608017 or 'Apply now' to submit your details.
Candidates will be required to attend a face to face interview to register; we will need to gain two references either academic or professional and hold an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you).
If you register with ABC Teachers, we are so confident about getting you work; we will run you a brand new DBS disclosure and will FULLY REFUND YOU ONCE YOU WORK FOR ONE DAY THROUGH OURSELVES.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS