ABC Teachers are looking for Mentors to work with Special Educational Needs Children in the Tamworth Area. You will work closely with the children to provide them with a range of academic and pastoral support.
You will work towards the reintegration into the school setting by supporting their social, emotional needs along with covering the basics of core subjects.
This role is both incredibly rewarding and also completely flexible around any current working commitments. We can also offer Mentors up to £25 per hour!
Responsibilities and duties:
- To engage and support reintegration back into education by helping remove barriers to learning.
- To have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus.
- Provide engaging and stimulating learning sessions.
- Keep lesson plans and records of the young person’s performance.
- Complete and maintain records of progress.
To be considered for the position of 1:1 Mentor, you will:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS/QTLS) – ADVANTAGEOUS
- Have the ability to teach basic core subjects
- Have a passion for helping and supporting the needs of vulnerable children
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people with SEND
- Be adaptable and able to think on your feet
What to do next:
• To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
• We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
• Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
How to apply:
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please email email@example.com or contact Dean Isaac on 01543 228 029
Benefits of working with ABC Teachers:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach and an online safeguarding training package worth £350.
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools in the area
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES (Times Educational Supplement)
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are a REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.