Chantry Primary Academy is a large, popular, vibrant and diverse school situated in Luton. Chantry works closely with other local schools within the West Area Partnership, offering training, networking and excellent career development paths.
Ofsted have recently visited the school for a 1 day inspection and whilst the outcome letter has not yet been published, our previous inspection (2014) recognised that “Pupils’ good behaviour and attitudes to learning contribute considerably to their achievement and to the school’s harmonious environment.” We believe that this is an even stronger aspect of our school now.
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Primary Teacher to join our team in New Horizons Special Provision, Chantry Primary Academy, Luton.
New Horizons, is a successful special provision which provides education for up to 8 boys and girls aged between 5 and 11 years who have social, emotional and mental health problems which have resulted in referral for short and medium term placements within the specialist provision. New Horizons is set within our large primary school enabling pupils to access mainstream classrooms in preparation to return to their base schools. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and play a key role in the development and learning of our pupils.
The SEN Class Teacher will work with a team of specialist behaviour assistants, planning and delivering learning to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan, deliver and assess high quality teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable SEN/SEMH pupils to learn
• Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
• Engage and motivate pupils
• Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals • Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
• Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
• Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
• Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
• Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for pupils within New Horizons Special Provision within Chantry Primary Academy
Person Specification (Essential)
•Successful class teaching experience.
•Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASD
•An excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum and how it may be effectively taught. •Degree
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Chantry will offer:
•The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
•The support to progress in your career
•Ongoing access to in-house and externally provided CPD
•A comprehensive Employee Assistance Package
•On-site low cost childcare for staff
•Complimentary staff refreshments and subsidised school meals
Closing date: Tuesday 18th December 2018
Interview date: Thursday 10th January 2019
For further details and an application form please go to:-
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact Miss Laura Carter on 01582 706500 extension 245 to arrange an appointment
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.