SEN College – Director of Learning and Support (Principal)
Based at National Star College, near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Salary on enquiry
35 days holiday per annum plus statutory days
Do you have the enthusiasm and experience to lead our outstanding learning provision for young people with complex learning and/or physical disabilities?
National Star College is an Ofsted and CQC Outstanding college and we provide a range of educational programmes for up to approximately 180 students both residential and day. Located on the edge of the beautiful Gloucestershire Cotswolds we have excellent learning, therapeutic and recreational facilities.
We are looking for someone who can provide inspirational strategic direction across the whole of learning programmes and deliver our multi-disciplinary approach to learning and development.
National Star College offers four learning pathways: future choices/PMLD for our most complex learners, a foundation pathway, a vocational pathway and work programmes to learn employment skills in real and practical environments. We provide a range of programmes that are specifically designed to meet the individual needs of our learners.
You will hold overall responsibility for student outcomes, ensuring student aspirations are achieved and are in line with local authority commissioning and Education, Health and Care Plan outcomes.
Our successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record of leading teams to achieve successful outcomes for learners with learning/physical disabilities, ideally in a specialist college
- Experience of leading at a strategic level working collaboratively with senior colleagues
- Experience of national regulatory frameworks – Ofsted, CQC, Examination boards
- Successful track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders – commissioners; regulators; parents/carers; service users
- Evidence of successful management of budgets and resources
- Extensive experience of leading, motivating, managing and developing learning staff towards high quality and high performance in line with Strategic and Operational plans
You will possess:
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- A teaching qualification
- A professional Management qualification
- Evidence of appropriate SEN training/CPD
If you are interested in this role, please refer to the job description and person specification for a full overview of our requirements.
The closing date for applications is 19th November 2018 with a start date of April 2019.
There will be opportunity to come and tour our campus on November 16th 2018 at 09:30, please RSVP. If you have any questions please direct them to Recruitment@nationalstar.org or call 01242 527631.
For further information go to www.nationalstar.org
Appointments are subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.