The Southover Partnership School is a special needs secondary school offering full time education and short-term day respite placements for children with statements and Education and Health Care (EHC) plans, usually on the autistic spectrum, and/or with social, emotional or mental health needs. Learners come from diverse settings; many have a history of disrupted and /or limited schooling. We have a commitment to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to achieve through education and relentless care.
We are looking for a full-time English teacher to join our dedicated team, commencing February 2019, working to achieve the very best potential in our SEND students.
- We offer training and professional development as well as a clearly structured career path.
- The emotional rewards of working with children with SEND are unprecedented; if you are keen to make a difference, this is the right route for you.
- Our working hours are 9.00am to 3.00pm although there will be occasional meetings and training sessions which will fall outside these hours.
- The position will be at our Southgate site.
- You should be able to demonstrate your experience of working with pupils with special educational needs, particularly those with autism and/or challenging behaviour,
- You are a qualified teacher with experience in teaching English from entry level to KS5 level, with excellent knowledge of the GCSE and A level curriculum
- You have a passion about making a real difference to young people, and a desire to enable them to achieve their highest possible outcomes.
- You should be adaptable and an excellent communicator with a commitment to professional development.
How To Apply
We would like to hear from you if you have a passion for working with young people, but particularly if you have supported children with SEN - please send your CV with a brief covering letter to Elena Pantelli-Poulli, Senior HR Administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about The Southover Partnership, please visit our website: www.southoverpartnership.com
The Southover Partnership School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the same commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.