This is a full-time position : 37 hours per week : all year around, requiring some flexibility in daily working arrangements to ensure that the school and pupil needs can be met
Progression is subject to annual performance management
Reporting to: SENCO, Headteacher
The school is looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic and motivated Head of Hub to lead our dedicated team supporting teaching and learning for children at our school. The successful applicant will lead in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of support for teaching and learning, pupil achievement and progression through effective inclusion for pupils with special educational needs.
The ideal SEN Hub Support Leader will have:
• Previous experience in working with children with specialist needs;
• Have relevant experience or qualifications to HLTA and above level;
• An understanding of how children learn and the complexities of this process;
• Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
• The ability to champion the education of all pupils but specifically those with additional needs;
• Able to communicate with education leads and external agencies and professional services;
• An understanding of Child Protection policies;
• Patience and empathy towards pupils;
• Good command of literacy and numeracy.
For further information and to obtain an application form and full job description, please contact Mrs S Broad, PA to the Headteacher on: Tel: 01299 270312 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: noon on Monday 24th May 2021. (We reserve the right to close the application deadline early).
Lacon Childe School and The Shropshire Gateway Educational Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous child protection procedures are in place.
Appointments will be subject to Enhanced DBS checks and appropriate pre-employment checks.
The Lacon Childe School
Lacon Childe School : a rural location set in the beautiful market town of in Cleobury Mortimer in South Shropshire
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years