An exciting opportunity for an experienced SEN Learning Assistant to join our growing Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate. The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a brand new, purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
We are now looking for a SEN Learning Assistant to join us. The successful candidate will work to provide practical assistance, as directed by the Class Teacher and Inclusion Leader, in meeting the personal, welfare and educational needs of a child with specific needs or work with intervention groups under the Inclusion Leader.
Working hours: 36 per week, 39 weeks a year
We can offer:
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• The opportunity to grow and develop within a growing and expanding school
• Good on the job training opportunities
• The opportunity to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum
• Enhance maternity & sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Support a child with specific behavioural and learning needs
• Under the direction of and in liaison with the Class Teacher and Inclusion Leader, to work in class both 1:1 and in small group scenarios.
• Working in the classroom to ensure implementation of programmes of support, designed especially to meet the child's needs.
• To liaise closely with teaching staff regarding the delivery of the curriculum, advising as appropriate on the modification and differentiation of the learning environment, materials and delivery styles.
As a Trust, we support applications from educators seeking flexible working arrangements.
Although this is a temporary position, other roles may be available at the end of this contract.
GLF Schools reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.