We are a hugely oversubscribed school, complimented by our latest OFSTED inspection on many aspects including our forward vision and academic excellence: “attitudes to learning and relationships between staff and students are exemplary”.
We are looking to appoint a flexible and well-organised LSA to support able pupils who have a variety of challenging needs. Previous relevant experience is essential.
The post will be 20 hours a week. Working days will likely be Wed – Fri, however there is an element of flexibility which can be discussed.
The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of the following:
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- Caring and patient nature coupled with an ability to give calm, firm and measured responses
- An understanding of how social and emotional triggers prompt behaviour responses and how to reduce the impact of these
- An ability to work as part of a team, with initiative and autonomy.
The working environment will enable outstanding professional development opportunities.
Full details of the role and department, application form, and our recruitment and retention policy are on our website: www.shsb.org.uk
Closing date: Midday on Friday 24th September 2021, although we reserve the right to call early applicants to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Southend High School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years