Beech Academy is delighted to announce we now have an exciting opportunity to recruit an inspirational Teacher of Mathematics.
We are looking for someone who shares our shares our Vision and Values and join our fantastic team of staff in driving the continuing improvement of our academy.
All our students deserve the best possible educational experience and at Evolve Trust we ensure we do this through providing a dedicated and personalised approach. Is this something that appeals to you?
We can offer you:
The opportunity to become part of a fantastic, supportive team.
The chance to become fully involved in the growth and development of our students.
A culture of dedication to enabling every student to be prepared for a successful adult life.
The opportunity to continue your own professional development.
We feel it is important for our young people to develop outside of the classroom and we offer a wide range of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities to help prepare our students for the next stage of their education, training or employment.
If you are a talented, committed and inspirational Math's teacher we would be very interested in receiving an application from you.
• To carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as circumstances may reasonably require as provided for under the relevant sections of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
• To teach pupils within Key Stage Three to Five in accordance with the professional duties of a teacher.
• To take an equitable share of whole school curriculum care and management responsibilities.
• To carry out your duties in line with the key tasks and management procedures of the school.
Duties – General
• To work in accordance with the school’s statement of aims and values and implement strategies within policies adopted by governing body.
• To help to raise achievement and aspirations of the pupils by providing challenge, opportunity and recognising and celebrating successes.
• To liaise effectively with parents, external agencies and Trustees/Scrutiny Board Members.
• To carry out the general and specific professional duties as set out in the current ‘school teachers’ pay and conditions document’ and teachers standards.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage and ensure staff and students to follow this example.
• To undertake supervision duties.
Duties – Specific
The following roles and responsibilities are not exhaustive but give an outline of the tasks the post holder is responsible for. They do not necessarily carry out all the tasks themselves, but they ensure that the tasks are being completed
To carry out planning, teaching and class management.
• To teach allocated pupils through appropriate planning to achieve progression of learning by:
• identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
• setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest
• setting appropriate and demanding expectation
• setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
• identifying SEN or very able pupils.
• To provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
• To make effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study.
• To ensure effective teaching and best use of available time.
• To monitor and intervene to ensure sound learning and discipline.
• To use a variety of teaching methods to:
• Match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
• Use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions
• Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, I.C.T. and other sources.
• To ensure pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
• To evaluate their own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
Other – Specific Duties
• To play a full part in the life of the community, to support its aims and objectives and to encourage staff and children to follow this example.
• To support the academy in meeting its legal requirements for worship.
• To promote actively the Academy’s corporate policies and ensure compliance.
• Be aware of the Data Protection Act and other legislation to ensure confidentially of records and information.
• This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
• The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and to providing equality of opportunity.
• Record and report concerns following the Trust Safeguarding policy.
• Complete safeguarding level 1 training at least once every three years.
Continuing Professional Development
• To participate in the Trusts Performance Management Scheme.
• Undertake any professional development necessary as identified.
The Beech Academy
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Welcome to The Beech Academy which is part of The Evolve Trust. We are an academy that caters for children with a range of special needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorder and moderate learning difficulties and our aim is to ensure that we prepare ...