SEN Primary Teacher – 2 jobs
Southgate School are looking to recruit a dynamic SEN Primary Teacher to join our innovative and inspirational child-centred provision. We recently relocated into a newly refurbished school and are set to expand, this is an exciting time to join us, offering a range of opportunities for development.
The successful candidate will:
- be committed to our whole school nurture approach
- plan and use personalised approaches to help pupils to achieve their individual potential
- need a strong grasp of a wide-range of communication strategies, including signing, visuals, PECs, AAC and autism aware approaches
- have a passion for children's learning and wellbeing
- deliver learning, especially for vulnerable learners, in an imaginative variety of ways that promote fun and enjoyment
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as part of a team
- be positive, calm, sensitive and tenacious.
- have Team Teach training or the equivalent, and be calmly confident about managing behaviour, focusing on the use of de-escalation and emotional support
- be committed to the safeguarding of children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check in line with our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Applicants who would like to visit the school, please contact our Business Support Office.
Tel: 01484 504544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits will be available Thursday 19th and Friday 20th April.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached.
Application forms should be returned to Josephine Hallas, Business Manager at email@example.com or to Southgate School, Southfield Road, Almondbury, Huddersfield, HD5 8TG by Friday 20th April 2018.
Shortlisting will be Friday 27th April 2018
(Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School).
Interviews will be held on 11th May 2018