The Hamilton International School (THIS) is Doha’s new premier school and opened in 2019. We offer a unique opportunity to be a class teacher in a recently opened school. Our world class facilities and exciting curriculum will attract the very best teachers, as we aim to provide amazing learning opportunities for our students.
What your school offers
When you join THIS, you also join ISP (International Schools Partnership), a group of 46 schools located across the world. We offer you the opportunity to join our determined and energetic team as we embark on a unique educational journey to become the premium school of choice in Doha
As a new purpose-built school, we are privileged to have a range of world-class facilities and our spacious, well-resourced classrooms and learning areas will be filled with natural light, providing excellent conditions for learning.
We place teaching and learning at the very core of what we do. The Hamilton International School embraces the individuality of every learner. We will support student learning through a robust, child-focused curriculum and enriching extra-curricular programs.
In Primary, we offer a high quality bespoke international curriculum. We follow the IEYC (International Early Years Curriculum) and the IPC (International Primary Curriculum), alongside the UK National Curriculum. In Secondary, our students will follow the IMYC (International Middle Years Curriculum) , before progressing to iGSCE. Students will graduate with an IB Diploma and/or a High School Diploma accredited by NEASC, a US accreditation organization, preparing our students for the best international universities.
• The largest theatre in any school in Qatar – with an auditorium and balcony to seat over 850 guests, an orchestra pit, a large stage, and a fully equipped production room. We will nurture a fully-fledged performing arts programme and it will be used to host concerts, performances and other events.
• A dedicated indoor sports centre with a full-sized basketball court, two swimming pools, tennis courts, dance studios and a fitness centre, as well as seating for large sporting events.
• Outside sporting facilities include a FIFA-certified football pitch and an athletics track that will set a new standard for schools in Doha.
• World-class science laboratories and ICT suites equipped with the latest digital learning technology will deliver an outstanding and broad education to our students.
• A large black box performing space.
• Exceptional music and production facilities with soundproof rooms, practice rooms, and a sound editing suite, enabling our students to fully experience and appreciate all aspects of producing and executing a performance.
• STEM and creative arts focused breakout rooms, an interactive space in our libraries for collaboration and group work, a media room with a TV studio, and a green screen and editing suite.
We will ensure safety, wellbeing and happiness this is at the forefront of everything we do. We will be a truly inclusive community school – we embrace the individuality and cultural identity of every child.
To find out more about THIS, we encourage you to visit our website: https://hamiltoninternationalschool.qa/
Salary and Benefits
• The successful candidate will receive:
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Fully subsidised accommodation
• Annual flights to your home country.
Due to the significant growth in our students numbers across the school, we’re looking for an SEN teacher who:
• Strategic Direction and Development of SEN provision
• Maintain and ensure accurate records of data in Engage and Classroom Monitor.
• Efficient and effective deployment of resources
• Ensure effective systems of communication to all stakeholders, including feedback about students’ learning to inform future planning.
• Monitoring the quality of SEN support by establishing effective systems to identify and meet the needs of students, whilst ensuring that the systems are coordinated, evaluated and regularly reviewed.
• Ensure that the objectives of the SEN policy are reflected in the school improvement /Action Plan.
• Liaise with and coordinate the contribution of external agencies as deemed necessary.
• Up-to-date knowledge of local and regional initiatives which may impact upon policy and practice
• Influencing the Teaching and Learning policy to promote aspects of inclusive teaching.
• Contributing to teaching and learning of students identified as having identified SEN.
• Working collaboratively with the school Admissions Department in the development/ or
• selection of suitable entrance examinations
• Working collaboratively in the development of diagnostic baseline assessments
• Leading CPD where appropriate; this may include chairing and being a part of self-study groups
• Providing opportunities for observation of colleagues/visits to other schools in order to share best practice
• Collect and interpret specialist assessment data gathered on students and use to inform practice
• Work with students, subject leaders, class teachers with tutorial/pastoral responsibilities to ensure realistic expectations of behaviour and achievement is set for SEN students.
• Support developments and initiatives to improve standards in literacy and numeracy as well as access to the wider curriculum
• Overseeing and monitoring the quality of IEPs and maintain detailed information for subsequent meetings with parents
• Develop systems for colleagues to monitor and record progress made by students with SEN towards the achievement of targets set in IEPs and support plans.
• Review IEPs and support plans monthly with parents, students, teachers and agree and communicate new targets.
• Supporting the Principal in meeting statutory responsibilities for SEN students and their Annual Review.
• Lead the Annual Review meetings for SEN students.
Child Safeguarding and Protection
THIS is fully committed to students’ safeguarding and protection. The selected applicants will be required to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within our school, as well as adhere to and ensure compliance with The Hamilton International School’s child protection policies and procedures.
Criminal Background Checks
All successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory Criminal Background Checks covering the 10 years prior to their start date with the school; this will cover all countries of residence during that period.
Thank you for considering The Hamilton International School as your next place of employment. We regularly update this page with teaching, support and administrative positions.
Please complete the Tes online application form and upload your Curriculum Vitae along with your application cover letter (maximum 1 side of A4). You should also include the details of three professional referees.
The Hamilton International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and criminal record checks. A minimum of 3 years teaching experience is required, preferably with experience of the UK National Curriculum.
The Hamilton International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years