Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teacher to join a brilliant SEMH and ASD school based in Lambeth. Starting September 2019, this is a temporary role with the potential to become permanent. The successful SEN Teacher will be working with a class of 8 students of primary age with ASD, SEMH and challenging behaviour in an alternative provision setting. Prior experience teaching students with SEMH and behaviour issues would be advantageous.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher
• Temporary to permanent contract
• £165 per day
About the School
• SEMH and ASD school
• Primary aged students
• Alternative provision
• 75 students across 2 sites
• Great transport links
• Dedicated and supportive SLT team
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS (ideal)
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Positive and patient attitude
• Experience with SEMH essential
• Have strong communication, literacy, numeracy and behaviour management skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DJW6302.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.