TreeHouse School is a specialist school for children and young adults aged 4-19 with a primary diagnosis of autism, some of whom have additional learning disabilities. We believe that every young person attending TreeHouse School deserves a fulfilling, happy and rewarding life. Our educational approach focuses on the individual at all times.
We are very proud of our school and our pupils' achievements. Our ‘Outstanding' judgements from Ofsted quoting ‘‘The school's culture puts no ceiling on pupils" reflects our efforts and commitment to make the everyday possible for our pupils.
To continue our development, we are looking to recruit a qualified Teacher to join us on our ambitious journey. Your day to day role will include delivering creative and person-centred functional life lessons to up to 8 learners within a secondary class. Our learners are mostly pre-verbal or use assistive communication systems to make their needs understood. All learners are working on the pre-entry national curriculum framework with functional Maths and English embedded throughout the curriculum.
Your role as a Teacher:
- Provide excellent delivery, teaching and course leadership to learners across TreeHouse School.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of the children and young people we support.
- Work with learners to ensure they receive a service that delivers the outcomes specified in their individualised learning, person-centred plans.
- Prepare and deliver schemes of work, lesson plans, assignments and assessments in line with departmental and awarding body requirements.
- Work collaboratively with allied health professionals as part of a trans-disciplinary team.
Why join us?
- The role itself is very rewarding both through the freedom of creativity and seeing first hand, our learners develop and progress through their goals and aspirations.
- Excellent CPD including a wide-range of in house and external training courses.
- Competitive annual salary.
- Annual staff recognition awards.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes both in person and online including: virtual yoga & zumba classes, running club, art & cooking classes.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to physiotherapy.
- On-site parking.
We are committed to investing in our people and their talent. We make sure every single person is clear about their role, and has the tools, knowledge and learning they need to perform well and make a difference.
For an informal discussion about this exciting position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Interview Date: Interviews will be held throughout January 2021, accommodating both applicant and interviewer availability.
Start date: As soon as possible, we appreciate notice periods may effect this.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Ambitious about Autism