Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to teach a KS2 class in a primary SEN school in Hounslow. The school caters for students with a range of needs including ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), SLD (severe learning difficulties) and other complex needs. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small class of 6-8 pupils in KS2 with ASD. The role is to commence in January 2019, with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
· SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
· Will be teaching a KS2 class of 6-8 primary students with ASD, SLD, and other complex needs
· Students can have some challenging behaviour
· Position to start in January with the possibility of a long term role for the right candidate
· Daily rate starting from £130 dependant on experience
About the School
· Lovely, well-resourced primary SEN school
· Ofsted rated “Good”
· Small class sizes with 2-4 support staff members in each classroom
· Outdoor play areas
· Three sensory rooms for the students
· Sensory tent
· Hydrotherapy pool
· Supportive SLT and great training for staff
· Parking available on site
· Short bus ride from transportation links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
· Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (essential)
· Knowledge of Makaton / PECS (desirable)
· Strong behaviour management skills
· Must be comfortable with personal care
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number NVC45188.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.