Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to join a great school in Barnet. This full time SEN Teaching Assistant position is to work with students with Autism (ASD), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). The role is available from February 2019 and will see out the remainder of the academic year. There is a possibility that the role will continue into the 2019-20 academic year, which could lead to a generous offer of permanent placement.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Working with SEN students with Autism (ASD), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- Will be providing a combination of whole class, small group, and 1:1 support
- Daily rate of £70 a day
About the School
- Students’ behaviour is consistently recognised as being exceptional
- Situated in a newly constructed premises with the top of the range SEN facilities
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection
- Offers staff a great scope for progression
- Located a short walk from Colindale Station on the Northern Line
- Warm and welcoming staff
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
- Must have experience with SEN pupils, especially with ASD, PMLD and EBD
- Have recent classroom experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant in the UK (minimum 6 weeks)
- Must be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing)
- Have strong behaviour management, literacy and numeracy skills
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXM03507.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.