Salary: Scale Point 6 rising to Scale Point 8 (£19,698 rising to £20,493 pro rata per annum)
32.5 hours per week, term time only + 3 CPD days
Immediate start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
Broadlands Academy is an 11-16 learning community and proud to be part of Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are a small, mixed, fully inclusive comprehensive school taking children from ages 11 to 16. We are situated in extensive grounds and ideally located between Bath and Bristol.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a student with a severe hearing impairment. This is a temporary post attached to the named student’s EHC funding and is on a 32.5 hours per week, term time only basis, including 3 CPD days. We are ideally looking for someone with prior experience of working with students with special educational needs and you must be a compassionate, proactive and reliable person.
We are looking to appoint an outgoing, enthusiastic and flexible member of support staff to join our well regarded, successful and supportive team. We are seeking an individual who enjoys working with young people; someone who puts children first and has good communication and organisational skills.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
This post is required to commence on 26 April 2021 and will continue for the duration that the pupil has funding. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Broadlands Academy opened on 1 December 2012 and is sponsored by Academies Enterprise Trust. Our Principal, James Hall, took up post on 1 January 2017. P...