At The Orion Primary School
Job Role: SEN TA
Responsible to: Co Head
Working pattern: 5 days per week, term time only
Hours: 6 hours per day, 30 hours per week
Start and finish time: 8.45 am to 3.30 pm with breaks
Fixed term: to 23 July 2019- to work with a specific child
We have a vacancy for a SEN teaching assistant who can work one to one with children who need lots of care, support and direction. The range of needs include autism, behaviour, Down's syndrome and ADHD. We are looking to recruit staff who are committed to making a difference, passionate about children's learning, great team players and who like working with challenged pupils.
The Orion Primary School is a four form entry school and part of The Gold Star Federation. The school also has an ARP (Additional Resourced Provision) for autism and a PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) for social and emotional needs. The school is committed to offering a fully inclusive educational environment and it is vital that applicants are committed to this ideal.
- Have experience of primary age children
- Have good skills in English and Maths [GCSE grade C or above] and neat handwriting
- Have the ability to work with individuals, groups and the whole class
- Be calm, firm and patient
- Ideally have experience of working with pupils with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
We can offer:
- Children who are keen to learn and are great to be with
- A well organised and well-led staff team
- A very special place to work which is part a unique Federation of two schools
Closing date for applications: Friday 28 September 2018
Interviews will be during the following week.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to two satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
For an application form, job description and person specification please see Barnet Jobs website: http://www.jobs.barnet.gov.uk or contact the Orion Primary School office: email@example.com
Completed application forms must be returned to the school