ABC Teachers, part of Tes, is looking to appoint an experienced SEN TA to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in Dudley. This is a SEN TA position, which will commence in September 2019 on an ongoing basis.
About the role:
Working as part of a passionate and experienced SEN team, the teaching assistant will focus on working with a particular child who has Oppositional defiance disorder ( ODD). The is role is for 5 days a week working both in the classroom and on a 1.1 basis within school. You will be working very closely with the SENCO and following a strict EHCP/IEP.
About the school:
This ‘Good’ primary school is looking for a committed and successful teaching assistant to join their motivated team. The school has a very supportive senior leadership team who all want the best for their children. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the SEN TA position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in an SEN environment- ODD experience would be beneficial but not essential.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Available full-time.
• Ideally have experience working on a 1.1 basis.
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure that is registered to the update service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our primary team on 01212740345.