Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA for a primary SEN school based in Hounslow. This lovely special school caters for students with a range of needs including ASD, SLD, and other complex needs. The SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will need to have prior experience working with students with special needs and be comfortable with personal care. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will be supporting primary students with SLD and PMLD. Initially, this will be on a long-term supply basis to start immediately, however there is opportunity for this to become a permanent position for the right candidate.
About the Role
· SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA
· Will be supporting primary students with SLD and PMLD
· Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
· Providing feedback on pupil progress
· Role to begin ASAP with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate
· Daily rate from £70 (depending on experience)
About the School
· Well-resourced school
· Supports primary aged students with a range of additional needs including ASD, SLD and other complex needs
· Ofsted rated “Good”
· Small class sizes with 2-4 support staff members in each classroom
· Outdoor play areas
· Three sensory rooms for the students
· Sensory tent
· Hydrotherapy pool
· Supportive SLT and great training for staff
· Parking available on site
· Short bus ride from transportation links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
· Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
· Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing) (desirable)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops;
· Regular social events; and
· Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC45188.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.