Job Title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: South West London
Salary: £70 - £75 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working with special needs
Contract: April 2021 – July 2021
Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for experienced ASD Teaching Assistants to work in schools across South West London. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available for either day-to-day or long-term supply in SEN schools across the key stages.
The successful candidates need to have previous experience of working with SEN students and have a strong desire to get involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have autism at varying levels on the spectrum would be preferable.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching assistant position, you will be comfortable:
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
• Working alongside and advising learning support assistants
Other experience and qualifications preferable:
• Confidence in working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
• Team Teach qualified
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or by emailing email@example.com with an up-to-date CV, quoting the reference number: FOA SENTAswLondon
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
London, City of