SEN Teaching Assistant
London Borough of Merton
£73 - £75 per day (PAYE)
(Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is recent experience working with special needs children or vulnerable adults.
April 2021 start, ongoing temp contract for minimum one term
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join an outstanding independent special needs school in the Merton area of South West London. This full time SEN Teaching Assistant role is for a April 2021 start and will be a temporary role. There are also permanent roles available. The children at this school are aged between 3 and 19. This role is to work with primary and secondary aged students. The school supports students through a language-based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.
• SEN Teaching Assistant
• Working with EY, primary or secondary aged students.
• Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working within small groups
• General in-class support also involved
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties essential
• School hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm
• Full time temporary position – permanent positions available
• Daily rate is £75 per day (PAYE)
• Temporary contracts available from April 2021
• Caters to students with a speech, language, and communication impairment.
• Children here are aged between 3 and 19
• ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating
• Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
• Excellent leadership team
• Supportive team environment
• Located next to a mainline station and parking is also available on-site
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 0207 065 7500 quoting job reference LXDSENTA 1263.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency