Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to join an Outstanding secondary school in Twickenham. This full time SEN Teaching Assistant position is for one of the most prominent comprehensive schools within the UK, as rated by the Sunday Times. This SEN Teaching Assistant vacancy is available for an ASAP start and will be contracted through until the end of the academic year. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be required to work full time, providing class support to student across KS3 – KS5 and demonstrate commitment to supporting the classroom teacher. A major focus of the school culture centres on ensuring all students enjoy learning, achieve success and be empowered to take responsibility for themselves and their futures.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant
• Full time
• ASAP start, thorough until end of academic year
• Specialty in ASD and ADHD preferred
• Required to support students across KS3 – KS5
• Daily rate up to £100 per day (depending on experience)
About the School
• Excellence across the curriculum, which is broad and balanced and designed to encourage responsibility and independent learning
• Rated as Outstanding in all categories in most recent Ofsted inspection
• Great leadership
• Looking to interview ASAP
• Easy to access using multiple routes via public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the successful SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Have previous SEN experience, particularly with regards to ASD and ADHD
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number IXK23391.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.