Smart Teachers is recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistants to work on a long-term basis with a special school based in Tower Hamlets. The school provides education to students aged between 14 and 19 years, and covers a range of needs including ASD, attachment, as well as social emotional and mental health (SEMH). The school accommodates students who cannot thrive in a mainstream environment. The institution achieves this by providing alternative provision and a substantially superlative level of care. The school is part of a trust that has achieved strong results over the past 15 years. They continue to provide progression routes for the learners including apprenticeships in major firms in London.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistants to assist with the learning of students with needs
- Short- and long-term blocks available to allow for professional flexibility
- Daily rate starting from £70 a day (depending on experience)
About the School
- Provides education for students aged between 14 and 19 years old with special educational needs including ASD, social emotional and behaviour difficulties (SEBD) and social emotional and mental health (SEMH)
- Helps progress young people into employment
- Non-religious, non-selective school with a strong ethos of community service
- Serves people in communities most impacted by social and economic inequalities
- Regular working hours throughout the school week starting at 8:30am
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have worked with KS3 – KS5 students within the past two years (particularly those with SEN needs)
- Strong affinity for behaviour management
- Boast a strong breadth of SEN comprehension
- Proven experience supporting students in a PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) setting would be seen as advantageous
- Evidence of support work with students with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), SEBD, and/or SEMH in the past two years in mandatory
- Willing to empower young people and progress them into employment
- Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks within the past two years (crucial)
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number FRA21969.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.