SEN Teaching Assistant
£60 - £75 per day PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. To be considered, candidates must hold a minimum Level 3 or Degree equivalent qualification.
The successful candidate will have experience working within Primary or Secondary settings as well as supported pupils with challenging behaviours and learning difficulties on a 1:1 basis and/or generalised basis.
Smart Teachers are recruiting SEN Teaching Assistants to work in a range of schools across the London Borough of Waltham Forest. Successful SEN Teaching Assistants will have the option of both long-term work (for the duration of the academic year at the same school) and shorter-term work (ad hoc/block bookings at a variety of schools). Positions across Primary and Secondary will be available. SEN Teaching Assistants who secure long-term work will be required to support students who have SEN on a 1:1/1:2 or 1:3 basis, as well as assisting the teacher in other activities including planning, delivery of lessons and during playtime.
Smart Teachers work with a range of schools in the London borough of Waltham Forest. These include LEA schools, faith schools, Independent schools and SEN schools.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Degree Level/minimum Level 3
• Proven experience working in Primary and/or Secondary Schools
• Experience working with SEN students
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN Team on 020 7065 7500 and quote job reference MXLSENTAWaltham.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.