Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA to join a dynamic school, going through significant structural change. The school is based in the culturally diverse, north-east London borough of Waltham Forest. The borough is known for its contrast of inner-city urban characteristics, and more affluent residential developments surrounded by open spaces, parks, and playing fields. This full time Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA position is available to start ASAP and will be contracted for the full academic year.
About the Role
• Special Education needs teaching assistant / SEN TA
• Working within the Early Years
• Salary ranging from £17,000 up to £21,000 (depending on experience)
• Contracted until the end of the new academic year with the potential to be offered a permanent contract
About the School
• 2 form entry primary school
• A ‘Good’ school with ‘Outstanding’ features by Ofsted
• Bright spacious classrooms with state of the art technology
• Outstanding facilities
• Small class sizes
• Offers excellent CPD
• Easily accessible from many boroughs of London (situated within great transport links)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXH0403SENTAOLSG.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.