JESS is a well-established, high performing ‘not for profit’ school. We have the following full-time position available from September 2018.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, experienced and enthusiastic Head of Learning Support to lead this department based within our Secondary team.
Suitable candidates will:
- be able to lead a team of skilled learning support staff to deliver programmes to support the learning needs of students with a range of abilities and learning challenges
- demonstrate an ability to lead the school in developing specific learning strategies for the various needs of students
- coordinate and develop the special educational needs provision across the school
- be able to implement and manage all assessments, intervention, examination concessions and support programmes
- needs to be up to date with best practice and current thinking in SEN provision
- have the vision to implement the Dubai Inclusive Education Policy Framework
- be required to hold an SEN qualification
- be a passionate educator dedicated to the delivery of a high quality educational experience to all students
This is an exceptional opportunity for the successful applicant to continue to develop a department which is an integral part of the school, supporting and enhancing the learning opportunities for our students.
Applicants must complete the JESS application form and send their CV and letter of application to:-
Mr. M. S. Steed,
Jumeirah English Speaking School
The closing date for applications is 21st April 2018.
JESS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.