Brownmead Academy, Pencroft Road, Birmingham B34 6SS
Number on roll: 275
CEO: Mrs Bev Mabey
Head of Academy: Mr Ashley Winters
SENCo (Inclusion lead) required
(To the tune of Pina Colada)…Do you love teaching and learning?
Without too much pain.
Are you inclusive?
Progress for all is your game…(end of tune)
Are you an ambitious and outstanding teacher?
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Pay range: Main Scale (UPS) + TLR payment
The post does have a teaching commitment, mainly PPA and management time cover and a minimum of 50% of your timetable will be dedicated to SEND
Required from 1st September 2018
This posts come at an exciting time within the development of Washwood Heath Multi-Academy Trust. Brownmead Academy is expanding to a two-form entry school and now require a SENCo who can work with our fantastic children and offer a range of skills to complement our ambitious and highly effective teaching staff. This post will come with a TLR payment.
We are looking for an inspirational SENCO to further develop and lead inclusion and SEND within the school and help to shape and develop our highly committed team.
Candidates should have:-
· Qualified Teacher Status with 5 years or more teaching experience
· The National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be working towards
· Experience of working with children with Special Needs
· Thorough knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice
· The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEN children
· Skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL, G & T
· To work effectively with the Headteacher and SLT to achieve excellence
· The ability to support and overview the work of teaching assistants working with SEN children
· Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team
· Good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff · The necessary communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external agencies
We will offer you:
-A happy and caring ethos linked to our school well-being model – YES, work-life balance is important!
-A supportive team and Head of Academy
-Children who are motivated, well-behaved and eager to learn
-Opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across the Trust
-Access to an employee benefits package known as Perkbox, including discounted restaurants, cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance.
The successful candidate will be based at Brownmead Academy but employed by the Trust.
Informal visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Amanda Meally, School Business Managaer at email@example.com or on 0121 675 3102 to arrange this.
Packs are also available to download from our website on learning.brownmead.academy or www.washwoodmat.com.
Closing date for applications & short listing: 20th April 2018
Observations & Interviews: Week commencing 23rd April 2018 – interviews 27th April 2018
Completed application forms should be emailed to school and marked for the attention of Amanda Meally at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted via TES online using the Trust’s application form.
Exact details re Interviews and assessment activities will be included in due course.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the care and welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to follow this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, qualifications check and at least 2 current references will be required.