To start September 2018
Inner London Pay Scale – MPS/UPS +TLR1b (9,474)
The governors of Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools wish to appoint a highly motivated and inspiring candidate to effectively manage and lead SEND provision across the school. The successful candidate will work as the SENCO across the Federation, working closely with the Lead Learner (Inclusion). We are looking to appoint someone with experience of working with students with a range of additional needs and a knowledge of the SEND agenda. The Learning Support Team is committed to providing high quality teaching and learning for all students and the post represents an ideal opportunity to work in a happy, friendly, positive environment and in a team, which has a good reputation.
You will hold the National SENCO qualification or be working towards completing the qualification. You will be able to effectively lead and manage the team and work closely with parent/carers and professionals.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
We are looking for professionals with:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice
- Who are passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable for all
- Have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- Can create a haven in which our children feel especially safe, valued and happy
- The willingness to support our Catholic Ethos
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the SENCO Department at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your application is a direct permanent application to Bishop Challoner.
Closing Date: 20 April 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: Week commencing 23 April 2018
You can also visit www.bishopchallonerfederation.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.