We are looking for an inspiring, highly motivated and experienced SENCO to join our dedicated staff team. As a SENCO at Portway Primary School, we expect dedication, hard work and commitment to secure the very best outcomes for learners with SEND. Portway Primary School is a very diverse and vibrant four-form entry primary school located in Newham. We have recently become an academy as part of the Leading Learning Trust and are embarking on an exciting new phase in the school’s development which we would love you to be a part of!
We can offer you:
- Happy children who love learning and coming to school!
- A friendly, supportive, forward thinking, and dedicated team of colleagues
- Supportive parents and governors
- Excellent professional development and rapid leadership progression
- Dedicated leadership time
We are seeking a SENCO with the following qualities:
- Have a record of good or better teaching practice
- Be enthusiastic, show initiative and drive
- Be ambitious and interested in your own professional development
- Show commitment to the school and contribute to all aspects of school life
- Have excellent leadership and management skills
- Have the NASENCO qualification or be willing to undertake the relevant training.
- Good understanding of the SEND code of practice
- Experience in conducting assessment of learning needs and planning appropriate curriculum provision and interventions for pupils with SEND.
Further information about our school can be found on our website – www.portway.leadinglearningtrust.org . We are located in Stratford Road, Plaistow, E13 0JW.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
To arrange a visit please contact our Assistant Headteacher, Lucy Jenkinson on 020 8472 7142.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 27 June 2018.
Interviews will take place from week commencing Monday 2 July 2018 and will comprise of a lesson observation, tasks relating to new code of practice, as well as a formal interview.
Please apply online at: http://ats-npw.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/view/64324-senco?source=597-tes-online&enhancement=
Portway Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.