The Write Time has quickly established itself as a leading specialist mentoring and education organisation working with vulnerable people of all ages to ensure each person referred to our services achieves their full potential in both an educational and personal sense, with the use of Choice Theory. The Write Time has multiple facets to the business. The organization has a small independent school arm that was recently commended by Ofsted for its quality of provision for the wellbeing of young people. We also run a Traineeship programme for young people aged 16-24, helping them to get into education, employment or training. In the past, we have worked with over 500 students across 12 schools in 7 boroughs. The Write Time is now also developing an employment programme that will support young people into apprenticeships.
We are specifically looking for someone to lead on our provision of support for a select amount of students with additional needs, as well as someone who would be happy to teach in their specialist subject. The role is suited for someone who is comfortable dealing with a variety of additional physical, mental, and emotional needs to a variety of levels (Entry Level up to A-Level) and ages (under-16 and post-16).
Do you have what it takes to join The Write Time and contribute to giving Young People a future?
In order to apply for this, post you will need:
- A good degree from a recognised university either in the UK or overseas
- A recognised teaching qualification, preferably PGCE-qualified with QTS
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language & Mathematics
- To have 3+ years of classroom experience working with challenging young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To hold evidence of continuing professional development relevant to the SENCO role, and preferably a SENCO-related qualification
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
This is position attracts a salary of £24,000 to £30,000.
Please complete the online application form via TES. Please complete your supporting statement against the person specification, as a guide.
If you would like to find out more information about the job, please contact Chris Murray on 07973 886796 or 020 8689 7676.
NOTE: Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and reference checks prior to the commencement of employment.