Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
SEND Learning Assistant
New all-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The school will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase of the academy opened to 90 reception-aged children. This too will grow each year, until full in September 2020. The school has been shortlisted for the TES Secondary school of the year award 2018.
We are looking for a Secondary SEND Learning Assistant to join our team of staff. They will deliver outstanding support to teachers and students to ensure that students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) learn effectively and make outstanding progress.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have experience of establishing successful learning relationships with a variety of children at secondary age
- have an understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour in an urban school setting
- be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication and ICT skills
- Have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- support students in maintaining excellent rates of progress and behaviour both in lessons and around the academy site, as well as plan and facilitate behaviour management programmes
- join the Ark network, with comprehensive career and professional development provisions.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form please contact our recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact Adeel Hussain, HR Officer on 020 8911 6657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and for more information please click the apply button. Please complete your application by 12pm on Monday 21st June 2018.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: September 2018
Salary: £20,599 - £25,239 pro rata per annum (actual: £18,094-£22,170)
Hours: Term time only plus 1 week. 36 hours per week
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.