Vision for Education the supply of TES, are actively recruiting for an open minded, adaptable and engaging Learning Support Assistant who ideally has experience working with and supporting Primary (KS1 / KS2) students. This is a long term, full time but temporary role to work within a school specifically for young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
Personality and a pro-active attitude is essential to be able to achieve progress with these complex students who often act dis-engaged and can regularly demonstrate challenging and disruptive behaviour.
This role is commence asap on a full time / temp basis and would suit Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to gain further experience in a challenging but rewarding SEND environment.
- Applicants must be flexible and confident supporting in classes of up to 10 students in a SEND setting.
- Applicants must hold or be willing to process a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service.
- Applicants must ideally be available 5 days a week (Mon-Fri 8:30–16:00)
- Applicants must be able to work in the Gateshead area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £61.50 - £65.85 per day (Dependent upon finish time)
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling, Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development
- Free of charge access to over 20 accredited online training courses via EduCare
- Dedicated team that work with our staff to place them in schools and locations that suit their needs
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague and they successfully work their first day
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
- We are an agency that won't charge your school or provision a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career
For further information, please call Dan Rutledge (Assistant Branch Manager - SEND) on 01912291386 or email CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org.