SEND Learning Support Assistant
Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham, South Tyneside, North Tyneside and Northumberland
£9.77 an hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum amount of relevant experience for this position is 4 weeks.
Vision for Education are searching for Learning Support Assistants to work within SEN Schools and Alternative Provisions. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in schools and/or other support environments and will be confident working with individuals who have a wide range of special educational needs. Experience working with people who have Autism, Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties would be beneficial.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant you will:
- Be versatile, flexible, confident and have the ability to tailor your teaching/support style to engage students with a wide range of special educational needs.
- Have a flexibility to take on short term, long term or day-to-day placements at a wide range of SEN schools and provisions.
- Have a positive, flexible and upbeat mentality and a genuine interest in pursuing a career working with individuals who have special educational needs.
- Be available Monday-Friday between the hours of 8.30-4.30.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
- As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency