Vision for Education is looking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant (SEND TA) to join our successful supply team and work across friendly primary schools in Bishop Auckland and other areas of County Durham. Starting as soon as possible with us, you will have the opportunity to gain long term supply vacancies as well as other opportunities.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are Level 2 TA qualification and SEND / 1:1 experience.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team in a primary school you will be providing 1:1 support for children with SEND as well as performing reading and writing interventions. The role will cover KS1 and KS2 and you may also be required for general classroom support. Previous experience support SEND children and delivering Read Write Inc is beneficial.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant (SEND TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a school environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have experience supporting children in primary education in Early Years.
• Ideally have experience delivering Literacy and Maths interventions.
• Have experience with supporting SEND children and 1:1 support, including possessing knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency