SEND Teaching Assistant
£9.20 - £10.50 per hour
Salary is dependant on experience, training or qualifications
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferrable experience working with individuals with SEND
Contract Dates: N/A this is a temporary supply role
Vision for Education are actively seeking to appoint dynamic SEND teaching assistants to work in a variety of SEND schools around South Yorkshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for some flexibility and variety in their work life. Experiencing lots of unique settings that specialise in the education of students with a variety of SEND.
Age ranges that our schools work with are between 0 – 25 years, so whatever preference you have, we want to find you the perfect role.
All of our SEND schools and settings are passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
To be considered for the position of SEND teaching assistant you will need:
- To have a genuine passion for working with children and young adults with SEND
- Have a versatile and flexible approach within a school setting
- Although school-based experience is not essential, you must have transferable experience
- A nursery nurse or TA qualification is highly desirable but again not essential
- Referenceable experience
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of specialist teachers
- Have worked with one or a number of the following needs MLD, SLD, PMLD, ASD, ASC, SEMH and other complex needs and related behavioural needs
Other beneficial qualifications and CPD that would be ideal:
- Team Teach, MAPPA, Calms, Price
- British Sign Language
- Moving and Handling
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are an experienced Teaching Assistant with existing experience in SEND who can inspire, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Sheffield branch today on 0114 553 0900