(working Thursday & Friday)
MPS + TLR 2.2 £4785 (pro-rata)
"Sir John Thursby Community College continues to be a good school. Staff enjoy working at this school.
The pupils that we spoke to told us that they feel safe at school. They have good relationships with staff and they are well cared for. Senior leaders are determined to make the school better for pupils and staff.”
Ofsted January 2020
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic SENDCO to work as part of a job share. You should have or be working towards the SENDCO qualification and be able to show experience of successes within a SEND framework. You will be supported with mentoring and line management from a member of the Leadership Team. You will be an outstanding teacher with a proven ability to raise standards and achievement - one who shares our drive and passion to inspire our students with the love of your subject and the motivation to ensure every student achieves their full potential.
Main SENDCO responsibilities:
• to oversee the day to day operation of SEND and medical policies and practice
• to keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures
• to provide strategic oversight of the school’s SEND provision and recommend changes and developments needed,
• to co-ordinate provision for students with SEND and medical needs
• to advise staff on the graduated approach to SEND provision, including producing IEPs and intervention plans for students with SEND
• to liaise with staff and offer support when required to ensure good, quality first teaching takes place
• to ensure all staff are providing for the needs of all SEND students so they can reach their potential
• to teach classes as required, usually comprising students who have identified additional needs
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to our work and benefit from an excellent environment, where teachers are encouraged to progress their careers with us. Our state of the art building ensures that our students and staff have the best learning environment in which to achieve. SJT is a very positive community, with our recent staff survey showing that over 97% of our staff enjoy coming to work and are proud to be part of our school. At SJT we view the professional development of all staff as a priority and our innovative ‘Learn Together’ initiative enables all staff to be on our outstanding teacher programme.
The successful candidate will fully embrace our ethos of ‘Belong, Believe Achieve’ whilst bringing fresh ideas that will build on current strengths and achievements.
In your application please explain how your experiences have prepared you for this role and how you would ensure that all pupils with SEND are supported to achieve their full potential.
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher) as detailed below.
For application information please:
• download from the ‘vacancies’ section on the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
• or email email@example.com
• or telephone 01282 682313
Send your completed Application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 13th April 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Sir John Thursby Community College
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years