SENDCO (Permanent & Full-time) - Leadership Scale Point 5 - 9
Required from 01 September 2019
This is a self-improving school driven by an unassuming yet unswerving determination that no pupil is left behind’
We are looking to appoint into the highly respected post of SENDCO for September 2019. Aspiring or existing leaders are welcome – it goes without saying that we will support you, develop you and above all welcome you into our aspirational school.
Park High School is an oversubscribed 11-16 student community situated in Colne on the border between Lancashire, North and West Yorkshire and has over 1050 students. We are easily accessible and whilst some of our current staff are local, many also travel from Preston and the Ribble Valley, Keighley, Bradford and the surrounding areas.
In September we jointly formed the Pennine Trust with three of our feeder primary schools. As the lead secondary school within the trust, we have maintained our parental and community confidence. Park High School is the school of choice in the area and in 2018 we once again celebrated improved GCSE results.
Creating a climate of independent learning and embedding a culture where teachers and support professionals can thrive and take risks with teaching and learning are all very much part of our school.
We can offer:
- An outward facing innovative school that has a research arm working with three universities
- Opportunities to support with and further develop our ITT and RQT programmes with our partners Star Academies Trust and Liverpool John Hope University
- A school with the pastoral infrastructure at its heart – we have two tutors in every year group, a house system and wrap around care with a Prep session at the end of the day
- A hardworking staff and a school with low staff turnover and high retention.
We are looking for a teacher and leader with:
- A proven record of raising and maintaining outcomes in SEND
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking school, SEND faculty, Senior Leadership Team, Middle Leaders, teaching and support staff
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the school and the Pennine Trust
Closing Date for Applications is noon on Wednesday 24 April 2019.
Application packs can be downloaded from www.park-high.co.uk or www.penninetrust.org
For further information email email@example.com Electronic applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org - further information about the application process is in the application advice section of the application pack.