Part time (0.8) and permanent
The Governing Board of Bramley St. Peter’s is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated SENDCo to join our friendly and inclusive Church of England Primary School in order to lead special needs provision across school. The successful candidate will join the Senior Leadership Team to contribute to the school improvement journey.
Salary is within the MPS/UPS pay range but will be dependent on experience, in line with our pay policy. The post is non-class based. There may be some opportunity to deliver bespoke interventions for our SEND children. Working days would be subject to discussion with the successful candidate.
Bramley St. Peter’s is committed to enabling all pupils to succeed in learning and life and overcome any barriers and difficulties which may hinder this. We have a strong ethos linked to a nurturing and holistic approach to the learning journey and development of every child. We value a strong working partnership with parents and carers, to support children reaching their true potential and achieving their best outcomes.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- An excellent practitioner who delivers highly effective SEND leadership to inspire and motivate others
- In receipt of (or working towards) the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination qualification.
- Passionate about providing the best possible provision for children with additional needs.
- Able to form positive relationships with the whole school community and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Able to set very high expectations for all children, both academically and in their behaviour.
- Supportive of the school’s positive behaviour management strategies.
- Committed to research based professional development, of themselves and colleagues.
We can offer you:-
- Super children with a desire to learn and be their best.
- A welcoming, friendly and dedicated staff team.
- A caring and supportive working environment and approach that recognises the importance of well-being.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
To fully appreciate our wonderful school, we strongly recommend you arrange a visit. This can be fully supported following our Covid 19 risk assessment and control measures.
Visits can be arranged week beginning 29th March. Please contact the school to book a date and time-Telephone: 0113 2565634 / 2559680.
Completed application forms to be returned by post or email to: Clare Northfield, School Business Manager, Bramley St Peters C of E Primary School, Hough Lane, Bramley, Leeds, LS13 3RU or email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th April (midnight)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20th April/Wednesday 21st April
Interviews: week beginning Monday 26th April
Bramley St Peter’s Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding children. We expect all staff to share this commitment and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-code-of-practice. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Bramley St Peter’s C of E Voluntary Aided Primary School