Michaela Community School is an exciting and successful free school that opened in September 2014 and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The ambition of our vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all children, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds. All of us want to change the world by showing that a child’s home circumstances don’t have to be a barrier to success.
We have 600 pupils from years 7 to 11 and 70 Year 12s in a new Sixth Form. We are a high-functioning, fast-paced school office. We are looking for someone who takes multi-tasking to a different level; someone who is bright, highly organised, has attention to detail and deals well under pressure
Reporting to: Office Manager and Headmistress
Hours of Work:
Mon-Thurs 7:45am – 4:30pm, Fri 7:45am – 3:30pm (Term Time Only – 43 weeks)
Salary: Up to £31,000 pro rata 43 weeks, depending on experience
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme ("LGPS"), London Borough of Brent
THE SCHOOL TIMETABLE
The timetable is a jigsaw involving classes, timings, teachers, subjects and rooms that continuously evolves
1. Work with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to create a full school timetable
2. Assist the Deputy Head with scheduling cover lessons when a teacher is absent
3. Create a timetable for music lessons
STAFF DUTY ROTA
There are currently up to 26 duties at any one time, every hour throughout the day. That’s 240 duties per day. There are a lot of moving parts and a lot of staff to ensure are in the right places.
1. Creating and managing the school duty rota
2. Arranging cover of duties when staff are absent
3. Ensuring the duty rota is timely and accurate
1. Send reminder emails to staff regarding logistical timings and instructions
2. Prepare timings for last day of each term
3. Provide support to the Office Manager and assist with day to day smooth running of the office. You must have the ability to develop new ideas and improve ways of working.
4. To support and promote the School’s ethos
5. Work collaboratively with the Office Team; parent calls, assisting with duties when required
6. Keep the logistics how-to guides up to date
• Experience in timetabling on a large scale is desirable but more importantly an enthusiasm for solving analytical problems or puzzles
• Experience of working on own initiative
• Experience of the use of a wide range of computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, Office 365)
• Experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential
2. Special abilities / aptitudes
• Have excellent IT skills including advanced Excel skills
• Have excellent analytical skills
• Possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Flexibility and ability to work as part of and to contribute to the school administrative team
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage own workload
• Ability to work methodically, with exceptional attention to detail
3. Education and Training
Most importantly the successful candidate must have the ability to problem solve and think logically. Educated to Bachelor’s Degree Level or equivalent is desirable.
4. Other job specific requirements
Commitment to the Authority’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of their responsibility for its practical application.
Michaela Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries where appropriate. Michaela Community School is an equal opportunities employer.