This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of a successful 11–19 inner-city comprehensive school which has had a recent glowing OFSTED report. Our school is a vibrant, high-performing organisation with an emphasis on inspiring and creative teaching. We are proud to be an inclusive school.
We are seeking a member of staff for our Learning Supervisor Team to supervise lessons where the timetabled teacher is absent. In this role, you will work 31 hours per week, from 8.15 – 15.15, term time only (44.9 paid weeks a year).
The successful candidate will:
- Have recognised competence in literacy and/or numeracy
- Communicate confidently and effectively with students and other members of staff
- Have high expectations of behaviour, following established frameworks for discipline that include a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercising appropriate authority and act decisively when necessary
- Help to raise the positive profile of Cover Supervisors within the classroom and provide a good role model within the classroom
- Manage classes effectively using approaches that are appropriate to pupils’ needs in order to involve and motivate them, including a good understanding of SEN and G&T characteristics
If you are interested in joining us, or would like to visit the school, then please contact our school on email@example.com for further information.
To download an application form and apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday 29th September 2021.
As employers we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS clearance is a statutory requirement for all positions.
Stoke Newington School & Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years