Senior Customer Support Advisor (Senior Helpdesk Analyst)
What it’s about
Senior Customer Support Advisors (also called Senior Helpdesk Analysts) provide expert-level support to Cambridge Assessment English customers; helping with the most complex issues they might encounter when administering our exams and using our systems and websites. Senior Helpdesk Analysts enable other members of the team to do their best work, through helping create and manage team knowledge, acting as a resident expert, running training sessions and helping to check and monitor the work of others.
What you’ll be doing
Key tasks of the Senior Helpdesk Analyst include:
• Investigating and diagnosing some of the most complex customer issues received by the team (both technical and administrative). Resolving these queries where possible and escalating them to the correct departments where necessary. Keeping the customer updated throughout.
• Managing the team’s queues of support queries to ensure that the most urgent cases are handled first. Looking for trends and themes in customer contact and ensuring effective handover of queries between staff based in Cambridge and Manila.
• Ensuring that the team knowledgebase and the customer-facing support website contain accurate, up-to-date, relevant information. Helping moderate and maintain these sites.
• Acting as a subject matter expert for a number of key systems and/or administrative areas. Representing the Customer Support team and our customers in related meetings and projects.
• Organising and running training sessions for Customer Support staff in Cambridge and Manila.
• Monitoring the quality of support offered by other members of the team through reviewing queries and telephone calls. Supervising and supporting temporary members of staff during busy periods.
What we’re looking for
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident liaising with internal and external customers at all levels.
• Confidence using and guiding others in the use of web-based systems and software packages.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
• Ability to coach, mentor and train staff.
• Ability to spot and interpret trends in order to identify improvements and efficiencies.
• Desirable: Ability to speak/write another (non-English) language.
• Experience within a Customer Services department, with the appropriate levels of accountability and responsibility.
• Expert level knowledge of the IT systems used within Cambridge Assessment (can be gained on the job)
• Desirable: Experience of producing training documentation and customer-facing help documentation.
• Empathy. Willing to go the ‘extra mile’ to ensure the customer receives an excellent level of service, and the ability to instil the same approach in others.
• Adaptability and resilience. A calm and methodical worker able to work efficiently under pressure whilst dealing with frontline customers in sometimes stressful situations.
• Inquisitiveness. Willing to approach problems from multiple angles, trace back to the root of the problem and share findings and suggestions for improvement with others.
• Collaboration. Working well with team mates and colleagues in other countries and other departments across Cambridge Assessment.
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22 January 2019 and interviews will be held on 5 February 2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER