Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GFS (GEMS Founders School) opened its doors to over 1800 students in September 2016 from FS1 – Year 8. This is the most successful school opening in GEMS history in terms of enrolment. In September 2017 we welcomed over 3500 students and extended the school to Year 9. Since opening, we have established a positive learning environment for our children and staff following the National Curriculum for England. We have three main pillars that are being embedding at GFS: Languages and Cultural Understanding, Character and Mindfulness. As a British international school with over 100 nationalities, it is important that we value all our languages and cultural understanding and we use this as a catalyst to embrace the culture, history and beliefs of our student body. Mindfulness allows us to interweave the practice of being mindful in the everyday life of our children and we believe will have positive long-term effects on the students’ academic results. In September 2018 we opened our Year 10 and Year 12, IGCSE and A Level curriculum, and started that year with 3800 children as we reached nearly full capacity. Now in 2020 we are at full capacity with 4260 children form FS1 – Year 13. We have completed two DSIB inspections and been rated Good by both with the most recent one also recognising some Outstanding features. We are fully BSO (British Schools Overseas) accredited gaining 5 Outstanding and 3 Good judgements in 2019 and this allows us to offer the NQT, QTS and iPGCE programmes through the TES Institute for our teachers. GEMS Founders School is a truly unique school and anyone who comes to work here has a unique opportunity to leave their mark. You will have the opportunity to Grow, Flourish and Succeed at GFS.
About the Role
Due to expansion, we have an exciting new role available for a Senior Deputy Head of Secondary to join GEMS Founders School, Dubai.
We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the GEMS Founders Family. The successful candidate will play a key role on the Senior Leadership Team supporting the Head of Secondary in driving forward the school; strategically, creatively and operationally; and will join the community September 2021.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To support Head of Secondary in Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• To support Head of Secondary in ensuring high academic standards in the Secondary school in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
• To support Head of Secondary in managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
• To support Head of Secondary in leading the Secondary team –including performance management.
The Senior Deputy Head of Secondary will provide visionary and inclusive leadership, and will demonstrate exemplary management skills in the further development of the GEMS Founders ethos including the provision of effective communication with all the school’s stakeholders, as well as ensuring the social wellbeing and academic growth of all children.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• Passionate about education and the development of all of the GEMS Founders Family – students, staff, peers and themselves personally.
• A creative, effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in school improvement, embracing accountability, coaching and mentoring.
• Visible to all stakeholders, leading by example; possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence, responsibility and commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff, promoting and developing approaches to learning.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a consistently outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Create a learning environment which promotes a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning for all.
• Have a proven track record of raising standards for learners of all abilities including those with complex needs.
• Have effective organisational, managerial and interpersonal skills.
Be able to promote new initiatives and positive relationships throughout the school community.
• Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Working with GEMS offers you a unique opportunity to enhance and progress your career in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity.
GEMS Founders School - Dubai
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years
GFS (GEMS Founders School) opened its doors to over 1800 students in September 2016 from FS1 – Year 8. This is the most successful school opening in GEMS history in terms of enrolment. In September 2017 we welcomed over 3500 students and extended the...