Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Whilst the role requires a flexible and responsive service, the expectations, in the first instance, are that you will be expected to:
• Supervise all college electricians and when required electrical installations works undertaken by external contractors.
• Attend and carry out effective repairs to electrical distribution faults when reported.
• Attend and carry out effective repairs to electrical equipment, plant and machinery when reported.
• Working closely with the portable appliance operative, ensuring any remedial repairs are followed up and carried out effectively
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance on electrical items as directed.
• Liaise with external contractors.
• Carry out electrical scheme installations, works and appliance testing.
• Carry out inspection and testing of electrical installations.
• Report health and safety hazards to the Director of Estates, Facilities Manager,
Estates Support Manager, Faculty Head, Senior Manager, Duty Manager and/or Health and Safety Manager.
• Work closely with other members of the Estates Team and IT Support in identifying any likely concerns related to electrical safety.
• Requisition any necessary consumable electrical items and spare parts obtaining the required authorisation to purchase.
• Assist the Director of Estates in organising and maintaining the portable appliance register. • To lead in the review and draft contracts for electrical supplies for the College.
• To provide regular progress reports on all electrical installations activity, practices and progress against action plans.
• Undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.